Connecting Technology and Physical Therapy to Improve Patient Well-Being
Often, the way in which clinicians provide rehabilitation instructions to patients does not produce optimal results. In 2015, Dr. Jason Gray of Gray Chiropractic set out to find a way to improve patient well-being and clinical service by introducing new technology into corrective exercise practices.
In 2016, Dr. Gray released the My Rehab Connection solution as a platform for clinicians to effectively communicate exercise plans to their patients. Practitioners can hand-select exercises from an extensive library and deliver routines in a mobile application.
The patient has free, unlimited access to all plans which have step-by-step instructions along with a visual image of each step and a full demonstration video. This allows patients to feel that they are properly performing the exercises throughout the duration of the plan.
- Clinic may upload their logo as well as edit their address, phone number, email, hours, and social media links (Yelp, Google+, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube). If using an online appointment scheduling service, a link and icon can take their patients directly to it.
- As of January 2017, there are nearly 500 pre-configured exercises which are easily sorted, filtered, and searched. New content is added by Dr. Gray weekly.
- Exercises may be customized for each patient (sets, reps, weight).
- Clinics may copy pre-built exercises and save/edit a copy in their personal exercise library. Photos, videos and instructions may be modified if desired.
- Clinics may develop an unlimited amount of original content (including their own photos and videos).
- Exercises commonly prescribed together may be combined into exercise groups for easy searching and assignment.
- Patients can choose to save 1 – 2 MB videos locally (to save bandwidth or for offline/limited coverage use) or stream them to reduce storage requirements (ideal when connected to WiFi).
- Free 30-day trial; subscriptions start at $9/month per clinic (no per-patient cost).
Take it for a spin now!
We’d love for you to take a look at the app from a Gray Chiropractic patient perspective. Simply send an email to email@example.com and you will immediately receive demo account credentials and direct links to download the app from Google Play or Apple’s App Store.
Dr. Gray produced a quick video overview of the app and portal. His website (MyRehabConnection.com) is full of screenshots and tutorials that demonstrate the use of the portal and on how the patient plans are managed.
Dr. Gray on building a solution with CDS
What’s under the hood?
This was sizable project that required careful planning and technical design before before the development stages. Many unique technologies were brought together for this project, including third party web-based video conversion and PayPal’s recurring payments to manage subscriptions. If you are interested in some of the technical aspects of this project, give us a few minutes and we will be happy to tell you all about it (we actually live for this kind of geeky stuff).
Call 716.692.7773 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.
March 28, 2018
I’m all for vintage equipment, don’t get me wrong. I’ve got a turntable and records, we keep an Atari in the office, and I still have the same toaster oven I had… Read more